This page is a text version of the Forest to Field History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.

Page Index of Forest to Field Volume One

Previous - Page 367 or Next - Page 369

Joan, only daughter of Ken and Dawn, attended school at Erickson Elementary and Collegiate. She married John Plaetinck in 1964, and at present they reside in Beausejour, Manitoba, where John is manager of the Royal Bank there. They have four children Carolyn, Robert, Mark, and Andrew.

Jim married Tess DeCastro in 1972 and they live in Wabowden, Manitoba. Jim has a Bachelor of Education degree, majoring in Administration and is presently principal at Wabowden school. Tess has a level four teacher's certificate and is guidance counsellor and also teaches grade nine mathematics and business and grade eight science at Wabowden school. They have three children Tracy, Jamarina, and Jan.

Donald married Diane Grimard in 1980 and they reside in Winnipeg. They have two children Foster and Charla. Donald has been employed with the Canadian National Railway as a yardman and has recently passed his examination for a conductor with the railway.


Jack and Teenie came to Erickson in 1956 from Rackham after Jack retired from the CNR section gang. Jack enjoyed sports and during the winter months spent a lot of his time at the curling rink. Whenever the ladies were short of a player to make up a game, Jack was always available, picking up the kitchen broom that was in the waiting room and giving the women a hard time. During the summer months he donated his time in looking after the play grounds next to the old curling rink, taking pride in its appearance and watching all the children come there to play. Jack passed away in 1962. Teenie was one of the first persons to move into the Parkland Home at Erickson when it opened up in 1970 and still resides there. They have four sons, Mike in Brandon, Johnny in Erickson, Ernie in Prince George, B.C., Nester in The Pas, and two daughers, Mrs. Mary Silander in New Westminster, B.C., and Mrs. Jennie Scheschuk in The Pas, Man.

Jack and Tennie Gregorash at Marge and John's wedding - 1962.


Marge and John Gregorash with sons Alan and Dale.


by Marge

Johnny and Marge, the former Marge Iwasiuk of Clanwilliam, were married at Minnedosa in May, 1962, and in the winter of 1963 moved to Erickson where Marge was employed with the Royal Bank. Johnny is employed with the C.N.R. Heavy Work Equipment and his work takes him east of Thunder Bay, Ontario, west to parts of Saskatchewan, north to Churchill, and as far south as Brandon. This leaves little time for him to spend at Erickson to be with his family, but he takes pride in every little accomplishment that his family has given to the growth of Erickson.

Marge being the homebody of the family, is very active in the community, serving on various committees, throughout her stay at Erickson. Marge acted as Recording Secretary for the Erickson Lutheran Sunday School, served on the old Curling Rink Committee as Secretary, was the Ladies Curling Club president, Secretary and Treasurer and also held other positions. She was always organizing bowling leagues, and took pride in organizing the ladies fastball club, which was known as The Erickson Thunderbirds. After having their first son, Allan John, in August, 1966, she returned to work at the R.M. of Clanwilliam office part-time which turned into a full time job for a number of years. She was also a very active Hockey Auxiliary mother, serving hotdogs at the Elementary School for a number of years. To small children she was better known as the "Hotdog Lady". In August of 1972, their family was completed with a very active son , named Dale Michael. After spending one year at home, tending to her family, she returned to work and community involvement. She was a reporter for the Minnedosa Tribune for seven years putting in good news, bad news and also sad news.