|This page is a text version of the RM of Rhineland History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of the RM of Rhineland History Book
Previous - Page 201 or Next - Page 203
Altona Main Street from top of the cva elevator.
Credit: W. J. Kehler
Altona Co-op Service Ltd. -1942.
Credit: D. K. Friesen
1939 and 1960 was the rapid growth of Altona. Not only was Altona the administrative and co-operative center of the municipality by the 1940's, but with the construction of the Co-op Vegetable Oils Plant and the expansion of D. W. Friesen and Sons, it also became the business and industrial center of the municipality.