|This page is a text version of the RM of Rhineland History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of the RM of Rhineland History Book
Previous - Page 209 or Next - Page 211
Pipes stacked near Gretna for Oil Pipeline.
This new development led to renewed enthusiasm in the town and in 1951 Victoria Day celebrations attracted 1,500 people - the most in many years. In the same year a new Pool Elevator was also built in town after area farmers had objected to the choice of Altona as the sole new site. Demonstrating proof of subscriptions and volume of grain shipped they were able to convince the Pool Executive to build at both Gretna and Altona. 53
Dominion Government Immigration and Customs building in Gretna. This building was built in 1954, and at the time had the third largest volume of business on the Prairies.