|This page is a text version of the RM of Rhineland History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of the RM of Rhineland History Book
Previous - Page 234 or Next - Page 236
Remnants of the village of Neuendorf 1955.
FOOTNOTES FOR CHAPTER VII
1. Henry Dyck, "Jacob John Siemens and the Co-operative Movement in Southern Manitoba 1929-1955", (M.A. Thesis, University of Manitoba, 1982).
2. John H. Warkentin, "The Mennonite Settlements of Southern Manitoba", (Ph.D.
Thesis, University of Toronto, 1960), page 402.
3. Esther Epp-Tiessen, Altona: The Story of a Prairie Town, (Altona: D. W. Friesen and Sons, 1982), page 195.
4. David P. Reimer, Erfahrungen der Mennoniten in Canada Wiihrend des zweiten Welt Krieges 1939-1949. (Altona: 1947), pages 42-64.
Committee, 1976), page 242.
l7. Census of Canada 1936; Esther Epp- Tiessen, op. cit., page 205.
18. Esther Epp-Tiessen, op. cit., page 206. Krueger's frequent discussions on the Nazi cause eventually led to his detainment in detention camps from 1940-43 .as a security risk.