This page is a text version of the Beckoning Hills History Book. This is the story of the Turtle Mountain Area of Manitoba. You can get a PDF copy of the book on our full version page. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the full version. The full version also includes each image in the original book.

Page Index of Beckoning Hills History Book

Previous - Page 30 or Next - Page 32

Boissevain's first flour mills, picture taken 1889 - Photo courtesy W. Moncur

1914-J. Richardson replaces R. Hurt as plant engineer. 1915-K.W. charge reduced from 20c to 15c.

1918-Rest room established and grant made.

1920-G. C. Smith resigns. H. J. Phillips appointed Sec. Treas. 1922-$7,500.00 debenture sold at 77c, for erection of skating rink.

1929-By-law passed to accept Manitoba Hydro for power in

Boissevain. J. B. Young resigns as Constable. Geo. Williams appointed.

1930-1937-Relief issues main business of council.

1944-H. J. Phillips passes. C. N. Mains appointed Sec. Treas. 1946-Memorial Hospital building commenced. 1952-Waterworks question again considered. 1954-Construction waterworks system underway. 1955-June 15th official opening of waterworks system. 1956-Boissevain and District celebrate 50-75 Jubilee.

BOISSEVAIN TODAY

Realizing that many ex-residents who read this book will be unable to visit the old home town, we feel it necessary to add a few brief lines.

The town has now a first class paved highway, No. 10, running north through Brandon to the Riding Mountain Park, and beyond to the Swan River country; and running south to connect with

Q.ueen's livery and Queen's hotel - Photo courtesy Wm. Lee

- 31-