This page is a text version of the History of Portage la Praire and Surrounding District. You can get a PDF copy of the book on our full version page. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the full version. The full version also includes each image in the original book.

Page Index of A History of Portage la Praire

Previous - Page 8 or Next - Page 10

ILLUSTRATIONS

Map of Indian Trails

Early Indian Summer Homes - Indian Cemetery -

Indian Glee Club -

The Old Fort -

Portage la Prairie In 1873 John McLean -

Louis Riel With Council W. J. Boddy -

John Sanderson And His Home T. A. Newman & Bros. Store ­ John and Cyprian Costigan ­ John O'Reilly

First Train From The East On The G.T.P. First City Hall

J. O. Cadham -

Main St. In 1883 -

The Albion Hotel -

The Community Hall

Saska tchewan Ave. In The 1890s ­ Harvesting

W. A. Linden ­ The Post Office

Boat Bound For The Boer War D. S. Lyon's Garage

Saskatchewan Ave. in 1902 (3 Pictures) ­ The Odd Fellows Hall -

C. E. Cole

The Cenotaph

Sam Steele

Results Of The Cyclone (3 pictures)

King George VI And Queen Elizabeth ­ Council Of The Rural Municipality (1953) ­ St. Mary's la Prairie Church -

Baptist Church (2)

Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church ­ St. John's Parish -

Redeemer Lutheran Church -

2 & 3 - 12

- 19

- 20

- 24

- 33

- 34

- 35

- 37

- 42

- 52

- 53

- 54

- 57

- 59

- 61

- 62

- 63

- 65

- 66

- 69

- 72

- 76

- 80

- 82

- 84-85-86

- 86

- 88

- 92

- 95

- 101

- 109

- 116

- 123

- 126-127

- 128

- 130

- 135

vii