|This page is a text version of the Forest to Field History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of Forest to Field Volume One
Previous - Page 542 or Next - Page 544
John and Mary Naswell.
They lived on a farm in the R.M. of Minto and later purchased a farm in the R.M. of Clanwilliam. In 1970, the family moved to Victoria, B.C. They have two children. Sandra, attended Erickson School until moving to Victoria where she married Norris Higgins of Victoria, B.C. on April 9, 1977. Darell, attended Erickson school until moving to Victoria. He and his wife Lin were married on February 21, 1981, and have twin sons, David
Debbie, was born in the Minnedosa Hospital. She attended Hilltop School and in 1965 married Lloyd Kitkowski. They have two sons, Kenny, and Range. The family now resides in Victoria, B.C.
Phillip, attended school in Hilltop and Erickson and worked with his father until they moved to B.C. in 1970. Phillip married Katherine on October 26, 1974, in Courtenay where they now live with their three children, Andrew, Katrina, and Erick.
Thelma worked in Clanwilliam, married Gus Abel in 1944. They have two girls and a boy. Thelma and Gus reside at Cumberland, B.C.
Larry left home to work in Brandon, Manitoba. In 1941, he joined the Armed Forces and in 1942 was sent overseas. Larry married Isabelle Kilfil and they have six sons and six daughters. Larry and Isabelle make their home in Cumberland, B.C.
The John Naswell Family. Back Row, Left to Right: Frank, Larry, Johnny, Earl. Front Row: Martha, Mary, Thelma, and Trudy.
Trudy attended Hilltop School, worked in Minnedosa and in 1945, married Evert Holm of Minnedosa. They farmed S.W. 24-17-18W in the Westmount district until movingto Minnedosa. Evert and Trudy make their home at Fort St. John, B.C. They have a daughter Starr.
She married George Martin, they have two children, Tammy and Danny. The family reside at Fort St. John, B.C.
Earl attended Hilltop School, moved to Minnedosa. In 1955, he married Dorothy Montgomery of Clanwilliam. Earl and Dorothy have two boys, and five girls and are living in Courtenay, B.C.
Doreen attended Hilltop School, left home to work in Winnipeg, and in 1952, married Don Wilton of Glen boro, Manitoba. Doreen and Don have one daughter and three sons. They make their home in Fort St. John, B.C.
Frank attended Hilltop School, worked in the area for several years before moving to Brandon, Manitoba. In 1961, after his fathers death, Frank and his wife Shirley and family moved to his father's homestead where they farmed for four years. Frank and Shirley have seven children, Wayne, Floyd, John, Robert, Luanne, Barbara and Cindy. They reside in Merville, B.C.
NEILSON, CARL AND SIGNE
by Thora Lofgren
Carl was born August 9, 1886, in Denmark. Carl and Signe were married in Denmark and they emigrated to Canada in 1914 and settled in the Westmount district. They purchased SE 20-17-18W which had been owned by Lyman McMillan.
They were both very active in community affairs. Carl was one of the men from Westmount who worked very hard on the organizing of a co-op store. He was chairman of the study group, also, a charter member of the Co-op store. He served on the Board of Directors of the Erickson Farmers Co-op Elevator Co. in its early stages as well as being a Pool Elevator member.
Their home was also a home to many of the West mount teachers. Signe was a member of the Westmount Community Club.
On August 21, 1942, Carl passed away and is buried at Erickson Municipal Cemetery. Signe carried on till 1946, when she sold the farm to George and Thelma Doan and returned to St. Heddinge, Denmark. She passed away in Denmark.
NEILSON, DANIEL AND BODIL
Daniel Neilson's recorded family tree goes back to circa 1775. His grandfather was born in 1800, his father June 20, 1841, and Daniel himself on November 2, 1870, in Stor Binderuf, Jutland, Denmark. He received his education in Denmark and on November 1, 1887, entered into apprenticeship with a blacksmith in the village of Vammen, whom he served until February 24, 1889.
On February 25, 1889, he left by train for the port City of Aarhus, boarded a boat for Copenhagen and by ocean