|This page is a text version of the History of Portage la Praire and Surrounding District. You can get a PDF copy of the book on our full version page. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the full version. The full version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of A History of Portage la Praire
Previous - Page 278 or Next - Page 280
Charles-the first city owned horse.
to fight the enemy - FIRE; soldiers who know there is a lifetime of ba ttles ahead of them.
From the time the first fire brigade was organized these men have been ever ready, at any time of the day or night, to quickly answer calls for assistance. The most profuse praise for the services they render would still be inadequate.
Fire Brigade of 1892.
Front row: Jack Campbell. Tom Rushbrooke, Jim Grassie, George Burns and Sill Balsam.
Centre row: Jim Beatty, Billy Young, Ike Thompson, Ch ar-l ie Ward, Jack Little and Billy Ross.
Back row: Bob Ferguson, Gordie Zimmerman, Al Humber, Archie Campbell, Cecil Woodside, Fred St. John and Bert St. John.