|This page is a text version of the History of Portage la Praire and Surrounding District. You can get a PDF copy of the book on our full version page. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the full version. The full version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of A History of Portage la Praire
Previous - Page 287 or Next - Page 289
Added to the names of gentlemen employees already mentioned, we are at least able to mention four more: Walter Logan, George Dewar, Cal. Paisley and Joe E. Collier.
A t the time of this wri ting ( 1968) , a new MTS building, situated on the site of the old Baptist Church is nearing completion.
A BRIEF 'LAND TITLES' HISTORY
Shortly after 1870 the Registrar General of Manitoba appointed
Land Titles Office.
The first application for a title under the Real Property Act of 1885 was made by the Governor and Company of Adventurers of England trading into Hudson's Bay, covering Sections 8 and 26 of Township 10 and Range 7 West of the Principal Meridian in Man itoba.