This page is a text version of the Forest to Field History Book Volume Two. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.

Page Index of Forest to Field Volume One

Previous - Page 130 or Next - Page 132

Taken 1998

Back row: Grady P David M, Jared P Front row: Kara F Colin F and Levi P

In 1985, Ric was arrested along with a British fellow­ worker and 8 other members of the small church in Adana. They were held in the Turkish jail for a week and then released on bail because of the intervention of the Canadian and British embassies. Some months later they were taken to court, and then acquitted, but Ric and Darlene were refused permission to continue to live in Turkey when their residence permit expired. So Munros were on the move agaIn ...

This time they moved to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprns, where Turkish is the only language spoken. There they continued to work with Turkish speak­ ers, encouraging them to read the Bible and seek to know God. Within two years, however, the officials of Turkey had ordered the Cypriots to evict the Munros and again they were refused permission to stay. Munros returned to Canada.

Four years in Canada swiftly passed as Ric repre­ sented Operation Mobilization, (the Christian mission with whom they had worked in Turkey and Cyprns), at meet­ ings and conferences and later as he and Darlene worked in the head office in Port Colborne, ON. For the first time, the children got a chance to see what being 'Canadian' really meant. In 1991, Munros felt that they should get back into working with Turkish speaking people and so they moved to London, England.

Since 1991, Munros have lived in London, where some 35,000+ Turkish speaking Kurdish refugees had miraculously landed in a small area of London and needed physical, emotional and spiritual encouragement. Along with several co-workers, hundreds of hours have been spent helping physical needs, interpreting for needy refugees in hospitals, doctor's offices, schools, lawyers, police, and other areas. Each of these people helped prac­ tically has also been invited to the Sunday church meeting held in Turkish, and offered a New Testament to take home to read. English classes, advice on many varied topics, literacy in Turkish, children's clubs, youth clubs, men's and women's meetings, special cultural nights, a drop-in centre, camps and many other activities keep Ric and Darlene busy all the time.

John, 22, is living at home and is in his third year at University studying computer software engineering. Beth, 19, is doing theological studies. David, 16, is nearing the end of the United Kingdom equivalent of high school, preparing for a career in computers.

Lorraine returned to University of Calgary, follow­ ing a back injury. She graduated this time with a diploma in Special Education in the spring of 1984. Lorraine lives in Brooks, AB. She married Ernie Froese in 1987 and they have two children, Kara, born November 1993, and Colin, born July 1997. Lorraine is presently teaching Special Education part-time at the elementary school where she has been employed since moving to Brooks 15 years ago. Ernie is employed as an Accounts Payable Clerk at Lakeside Packers where he has worked for 22 years. Ernie also takes further education courses in the business area.

Blanche and Gerald Pilon have three sons. They are:

Jared, born August 1985; Grady, born June 1988; and Levi, born January 1991. The boys all attend Koinonia Christian School in Red Deer. They are all very active and enjoy such things as hockey, golf, soccer, rollerblading, skateboard­ ing and basketball. Because of the boys' interest in different sports, the parents have learned new sports, such as golf, as well.

Gerald received his journeyman carpentry certificate and has been building homes part-time, as well as work­ ing a full-time job until April 1997, when he quit his full-time job and is now in full-time constrnction, owning and operating 'Noah Homes Ltd.', along with Blanche. Because of the flexibility of having their own business, this has allowed Blanche to be a stay-at-home mom as well as work for the business and be involved in their sons' educa­ tion.

Kenneth passed away December 30, 1999, at the age of eighty-five years.