|This page is a text version of the Forest to Field History Book. You can purchase a PDF copy of the book in our online store. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the purchased version. The purchased version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of Forest to Field Volume One
Previous - Page 28 or Next - Page 30
Erickson & District Hospital.
The Village of Erickson, R.M. of Clanwilliam, R.M. of Harrison and Local Govt. District of Park (South) joined together in a common en deavour and made an application to the Veterinary Commission to establish a new Veterinary District with Erickson selected as the centre for a Vet. Clinic, to date there has been no reply.
Lot 1 North
Lot 2 North
Lot 3 North
Lot 4 North
Lot 5 North
Main Street - Erickson looking West.
by Ethel Neilson
MAIN STREET SURVEY - 1906-1984
Lot No. 1 is a large wedge shaped lot, Barney Berkowski has the west portion and the Hardware Store has the east side.
Henning Okeson - home for his mother Karna Jacobson Charlie Johnson - home and hardware store.
Allan Anderson and Dr. Rutledge Drug Store and Doctor's office Chown - Part-time lawyer
Barney's Filling Station and Garage Charlie Johnson Hardware Store Imperial Oil and Massey-Harris dealer
Harvey Johnson Hardware store followed by owners Alex Mytruk, Marinus Nelson, Phillip Gusdal, and Anne Johnson.
The middle part of the building was used as residences for several people. Also for teas and bazaars. Surveyors used it as their office while building No. 10 Highway.
Martin Lee - Secretary Treasurer for Rural Municipality. Also insurance business
D.Y. Billy Cafe followed by owners D.N. Joe, Gilbert Lee, Mrs. Brugger, Pat Carr, Alex Zahodniak, Andy Twerdoclib.
Mrs. Christiansen Dressmaking, Albert Furevick Shoe Repair, John Grodeski Shoe Repair, Bea Beddome Headquarters.
H.G. Mutch Lawyer, Secretary-Treasurer of Municipality Carmichael Lawyer , Secretary-Treasurer of Municipality Reider Challswick Barber Shop
Doug McCaig B.A. Oil
Peter Slobodian International Harvester Conrad Halvarson Imperial Oil, and P .S. V. Royal Bank (1946)
Wally Townley Cafe and Bake Shop - old Bank building still behind the cafe.
Walter Skogstad cafe followed by owners Brian Bruce, Etta Tinkler, and Mary Skatch, the latter having Mrs. Holden's Boutique Shop, and Anne Shuster Tree House.
Presently - Vacant.
Peter Lee - home
Ernest Forsberg - home
Dawson McKay Home, also they built a small house for Mrs. McKay's mother Mrs. Hall. It was later moved to 2nd Street South where Alfred Carlson lived.
Vicky Ledoux also used that small house for her hairdressing shop. Peter Bruce - home
Jim Lasek - home
Norman Gushulak - home
Gordon Freko - Car lot
Parkwood Auto - sales lot
Peter Sawchin Section man
Charlie Johnson - home
Part of Gordon's Garage