|This page is a text version of the History of Portage la Praire and Surrounding District. You can get a PDF copy of the book on our full version page. The PDF copy is an exact page by page representation of the original book. This text version has been reformated for the web and contains text recognition mistakes. These mistakes do not appear in the full version. The full version also includes each image in the original book.|
Page Index of A History of Portage la Praire
Previous - Page 173 or Next - Page 175
After the removal of the patients, records, beds, bedding and other articles which would be effected by water were removed from the building.
Miss Purvis was the lady superintendent at that time.
Nurses and doctors 01 the Portage General Hospital posed for this picture about 1908.
Front row: L. to R. - Dr. E. J. Lundy, Dr. Frank Lundy, Dr. W. E. Met· calfe and Dr. S. B. Cowan.
Mid. row: Miss Jennie Hogan, Miss (1) McAusland, Miss C. M., Miss Jean Rinn.
Back row: Miss Anne Drummond, Miss Mable Waite, Miss Loretta Linton, Miss Edith Franks, Miss Sara Gettinby, Miss Sarah Williams, Dr. H. A. Gordon and Dr. (1) McKinnon.
The Portage General Hospital which opened in the autumn 01 1956.
None of these people enjoyed the conveniences of the type of hospital we have at the present time; most duties were performed under difficult circumstances; and wages for services were very small.